Let me just start this off by saying we had a rough week and rough weekend!!!
As you have been reading you know that Stormie has been sick all of last week.
Friday I took her to the doctor and Saturday she did not look ok but she seemed a little better.
I also blogged about this. Well yesterday she did not look better or seem better she actually seemed worse.
So I decided to call the After Hours Clinic and speak with a nurse. She said it sounded like Stormie had RSV and that I needed to take her to the ER ASAP or either be at her doctor first thing in the morning. Well I talked it over with Manche and he said we should go ahead and take her to ER before it gets worse. Stormie was sleeping when we decided this and we were waiting on her to wake up. Manche's mom showed up to go with us and Manche's dad came to get Seth. And we were off to Mccomb to a hospital I have never been to before but I have heard good things about them so I decided to give it a try. After all I had had a horrible experience at Natchez ER last year.
When we got there the ER was packed. We had to stand for a while before we got a seat. We waited about 30 min and we got to see the Triage Nurse. Our preacher showed up and he prayed for her and Stormie started perking up some. We had 3 patients that came after us go back before us. I wanted to say something but Manche said just wait. So we did and we waited for about 3 1/2 hours total and they took back 4 more patients that came after us. I was not happy so I went to talk to the clerk. I said "Why are ya'lll taking back 7 people that came after us ?" She said " I am not taking them back they are!" (With Attitude) So I said "Well I want to talk to them." SHe said" You need to speak to the Triage Nurse but she is not in there right now she is taking a patient to OB. " So I waited on the nurse to return.
When she came back and called another patient I went to her and said why are you taking back all these people that came in after me. She said I am taking them back on their vitals and what I think they need. I said "OH so you do not think my child is sick enough to be here?" and she said " No I do but she is in the stack to be seen." I said " SO when does this mean she is going to be seen in four more hours? " She said " I do not know. " I said "well I think my baby should be seen now!" And she said" We are going from sickest to least and if you were having a heart attack wouldn't you want to go first? " I said " Well these people are not having heart attacks and we were here first! " She said "well" So I said " Ok then." And we left with Steam shooting out my ears.
I was so upset that these people acted like my child did not matter. And to top it off there was two other families with babies that they kept skipping one that had been there for about 5 hours. We all three ended up leaving.
So once we got in the car Stormie started coughing her head off and crying and like she has been doing for three days woke up at 3 am coughing and screaming.
When we woke up this morning I could tell she was not better because she was coughing and no medicine was helping. SO I called the doctor we went to Friday and spoke with the nurse and explained to her what was going on and Stormie was coughing the entire time.She told me to bring her in.
SO off we went to the doctors office. They were not that busy thank goodness because Stormie was crying and not happy! They did blood work and a chest x ray.
Her white blood count was high 15 thousand. The doctor said that she has a very bad upper respiratory infection and bronchitis and an ear infection and the eye infection and a bacterial infection... which means she can not have RSV because her blood count would be normal if she had RSV. (Glad to hear that! )She said she will need to do breathing treatments twice a day and then she will need to continue on the antibiotics and eye drops she started Friday and that she will need an antibiotic shot three days in a row. So I am hoping that she will get well soon.
She fell asleep as soon as I put her in the car around 1 and slept till 4 and I took a nap with her. We both needed to catch up on some sleep!
I have tried to upload some pictures but it keeps giving an error so I will try to do them later.
Keep her in your prayers! God is able to heal her!!!
Happy Monday
Brittney
9 Months of Hudson Bradley
-
We’re 9 months in love with Hudson Bradley. How in the world are we a few
months away from a whole year with this chuck o’love? Watch out, World!
This b...
9 years ago









2 comments:
Poor Mommy and baby! I can not imagine sitting in the ER for that amount of time and then not get to see a doctor. I hope and pray that she makes a speedy recovery!
omg what a terrible experience...i am SO sorry about that. Hope she feels better really soon!
Post a Comment